Found this Journal in term of poem, really surprising!
so I decide to share :)
This poem is a reflection of the processes and associated emotions early career academic researchers may experience in preparing, presenting and publishing their research. (Bowrey, 2008)
The New Researcher by Graham Bowrey
Part 1 – The start
What to write,
When to write
No topic or time
Seems quite right
Ask the experienced
Those who have published
They must know how
For they are the Researched
Select a topic
Something specific
Think of a question
One which will stick
It is chosen
The selection is frozen
This will break new ground!
Ideas stream by the dozen
The Researched were floored –
“The audience will be bored!
It has been done to death
This will not strike a chord”
Back to the beginning
The topics are thinning
A new selection is made
Will the Researched be willing?
With trepidation
And heavy anticipation
The Researched review –
This topic will be the exception
Part 2 – The writing
Put pen to paper
Do it now, not later
Much angst is created
The waste would fill a crater!
First draft done
Time for some sun
The Researched edit
Waiting is not fun
Comments are back
Good news, it’s on track
Methodology needs work
But not much more than that
Second draft complete
The package looks neat
The Researched are confident
The paper will compete
Part 3 – The submission
Click and send
Via some Ethernet bend
The paper has gone
Now for relationships to mend
Waiting again
Nerves begin
Why so anxious?
Failure is not a sin
Two months later
Time does not matter
With bated breath
The response is
What!!
Is he a complete twat?
Needs more rigour?!
Is he sane or not?
The Researched console
It’s nothing personal
It’s not rejected
Just needs more soul
Stew and sulk for a while
Add it to the growing pile
Give it two weeks they say
Try not to spit more bile
Two weeks later
Feel much better
Maybe he did make sense.
Work on improving rigour
The Researched review
Changes give a better view
Resubmit
The paper looks new
Patience is again tested
Response received
What does it say?
Accepted!!
Part 4 – The presentation
Arrive at hotel
I’m only new but no-one can tell
Dressed in this suit
I look like I am here to sell
Attend opening address
I feel like a mess
I’m scheduled to present
In two hours, no less
Nerves kick in
Would a drink be a sin?
I’ll mumble anyway
No, be a man, take it on the chin
Five minutes to go
Time is moving so slow –
Sweating profusely
If I stumble will anyone know?
No stumbling or stammering
No blank pause or mumbling
It went quite smoothly
Even the Chair was charming
Back in the audience
What an experience!
I feel quite elated
Happy with clear conscience
Conference dinner tonight
Wine to drink and nibbles to bite
Everyone looks so relaxed
I’ll behave, I just might
Closing address given
Toasts begin with drinks risen
Food is a delight
Company is from heaven
This has been exciting
Thinking and writing
I’ll do it again
But this time with less whining
so funny and so true!!!
ReplyDeleteyayaya! :) like this also can be journal ba! hohoho
ReplyDeletewah!! geng! who wrote this?
ReplyDeleteUm...about the template hor, i go to pyzam.com,but need change the code,a bit complicated la.
ReplyDelete